Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday Story Society: Two Ways of Leaving

The Sunday Story Society is a reading group for short stories that takes place every two weeks. There is a thread open for discussion on David Hebblewaite's blog about books. I read this week's selection so I thought I'd post about it here and then direct you to the thread and story if you are interested in participating too.

This week we read Two Ways of Leaving by Alois Hotschnig. You can find the free short story here.

My two cents: I'm not really sure what happened here. Usually when I read a short story there is a build up of events that leads to an interesting reveal, either ambiguous (in which I can come to my own conclusion) or very clear. This one was very ambiguous and I wasn't quite sure what it was supposed to imply. I enjoyed the tone of the story and the very far away feeling that the narrator gave off. It came off feeling very voyeuristic which fit very well.

To join along in the discussion you can go to this post on David's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison