Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Children's Corner: Picture Book Review: I Thought I Saw A Dragon Late Last Night!

I Thought I Saw A Dragon Late Last Night!
Words by Clayton J. Liotta
Illustrated by Clayton J. Liotta
Published by Liottastudios
Published in 2012
36 Pages
Ages ? (Young children)
 
Summary:
 
"I Thought I Saw A Dragon Late Last Night" is a Charming story about the wonder of a child's vivid imagination.

Follow a young boy as he goes in search of an elusive Dragon. Is the Dragon real or imaginary ???

You be the judge...It is sure to bring out the child in all of us.
 
A line or two: 

Now if I were a dragon just where would I be
Then I remembered that Dragons like the sea
So I made a right turn at Ketler's Pet store
And headed down the lane on my way to the shore


My Thoughts:

Where do you go to search for a dargon? At the thought that a dragon must be out there somewhere, this little boy goes on a quest. He goes everywhere he can think of - the house down the street, the park, the pet store, even the Diner. The reader, seeing the illustrations knows the dragon is always just close enough for the boy to find it but always in the corner, hiding, or in disguise. Or is it just the boy's imagination we see coming to life?


I really enjoyed the illustrations in this one. There was always more to the picture than what you saw at first glance (that dragon always lurking there somewhere). The rhyming quality of the text also flowed nicely. I could see this one being a book a child would want to read over and over again.



Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for my honest opinion.

You can purchase I Thought I Saw a Dragon Late Last Night! in paperback from Amazon.com.
 
You can also add it to your Goodreads list.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love children's books! Have you read All My Friends Are Dead? I just love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I want to read that one! The cover cracks me up.

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Under the Dappled Shadows kit by Lorie Davison